Did you know that Pitt offers more than 250 classes every term with international or global content? If you’ve taken one or more of these courses, then you’re already on your way to earning a Global Distinction!
By completing course work across disciplines and participating in global activities and experiences at home or abroad, you can earn official recognition for your work. The credential also brings milestone rewards and, upon completion, a personal Global Distinction URL for use on your résumé and networking sites.
The Global Distinction is a great way to demonstrate your cross-cultural exposure and awareness to potential employers.
Benefits of Earning the Global Distinction
- Transcript annotation: Your achievement noted on your academic transcript
- Personalized digital transcript: Digital catalog of your work with a unique URL for your résumé and networking sites and sharing with prospective employers and recruiters
- Rewards and incentives: Special prizes, networking invitations, and advance notice of or preferred consideration for travel grants or other funding opportunities for achieving competency milestones
- Graduation honorable mention: Special recognition during your school’s and the University Center for International Studies’ graduation ceremonies
Visit the Global Distinction website to learn more about the requirements.
How to Enroll
- Go to my.pitt.edu
- Click the myPittGlobal icon or search "myPittGlobal" in the Ask Cathy search bar
- Log in with your Pitt credentials
- Search "Distinction Enrollment" in the Activities bar
- Complete the online Enrollment
Students can stop by the Pitt Global Hub or email email@example.com with their general questions